We’re betting that we can influence the way our community moves, by influencing the way we get to work. We’re partnering with some of the region’s largest employers to change mobility patterns in our region.
Partner with 100 large employers by 2020 to shift Columbus commuters toward driving electric and driving less.
- Current Partners: 60
- Ignite Action Fund Recipients: 8
Smart Columbus has a hypothesis that we can influence the way our community moves by influencing the way our community gets to work. Our unique approach of driving consumer adoption of alternative mobility through large employers presents a new model for increasing adoption across the country.
The Acceleration Partners Program is designed to deeply engage, enable and empower members large and influential employers in the Central Ohio region to help us collectively become a leader in smart mobility by shifting culture and achieving the following collective goals:
- Increase electric vehicle (EV) adoption by 500%
- Decrease single occupant vehicle commutes by 10%
- Introduce 450 EVs into private fleets and 300 into public fleets
- Install charging infrastructure at 100 work sites with over 200 employees
- Reach $1 Billion in aligned investment
- Be a recognized leader for how a city becomes "smart" through public/private partnerships.
The Smart Columbus team provides free technical assistance to partners on this journey. To date, we have partnered with more than 60 organizations, including some of the region’s largest employers. Through the Acceleration Partners program, we’ve educated tens of thousands of employees on EVs, conducted more than 7,000 EV test drives and will deploy hundreds of new charging ports.
Program participants include the following organizations. Together, we will transport our region to the future.
- A & R Creative Group
- Advanced Drainage Systems
- Alliance Data
- American Electric Power
- AT&T Ohio
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
- Cardinal Health
- Civitas Marketing
- Columbus Blue Jackets
- Columbus College of Art & Design
- Columbus Regional Airport Authority
- Columbus State Community College
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- Deloitte LLP
- Denison University
- Dispatch Media Group
- Dispatch Printing Company
- Donatos Pizza and Jane's Dough Foods
- Edwards Communities
- Encova Insurance (Previously The Motorists Insurance Group)
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Experience Columbus
- Fahlgren Mortine
- Fifth Third Bank
- Grange Insurance
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated
- IBM iX
- IGS Energy
- Installed Building Products
- Jones Day
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Kaufman Development
- L Brands, Inc.
- Land-Grant Brewing Company
- Lifestyle Communities
- Mount Carmel Health System
- Nationwide / NRI
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- NiSource Inc.
- Ohio Dominican University
- Pillar Technologies
- Ricart Automotive
- Ruscilli Construction
- Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP
- State Auto Insurance Companies
- Steiner + Associates
- The Memorial Tournament
- The Ohio State University
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wagenbrenner Development
- White Castle System, Inc.