We're inviting leading employers from the region to join us in accelerating a culture shift that will inspire our community to drive electric and drive less.
Designate a talented, energized senior leader to select and empower an internal cross-functional team to operationalize your Acceleration commitments.
- Identify a leader and provide their contact information to Smart Columbus.
Encourage your senior leaders to lead by example and adopt EVs for personal use. Invest in low total cost of ownership assets by adopting electric vehicles within your fleet.
- Conduct a free Smart Columbus fleet assessment to determine EV opportunities
Break down barriers to electric vehicle adoption by installing chargers at your employment locations for employees.
- Install charging stations at 2% of parking spaces on your campus
- Lay conduit in all new parking structures to prepare for the future
- Create signage and use policies to foster a culture of charging etiquette
Get smart on our shared vision by hosting a speaker from Smart Columbus on the future of our city and how your employees can foster change in our region.
- Partner with Smart Columbus to design custom education to inspire your employees to drive less and drive electric.
Consider how employees get to and from the workplace as part of the employee experience. Facilitate and incentivize their access to modes of transportation that are healthier, more sustainable, less stressful and more productive by providing mobility benefits.
- Use resources developed by the Smart Columbus team to collect data on employee commuting habits and EV ownership
- Set data-driven goals for measurable progress
- Implement an employee Mobility Benefit Package that incentivizes EV ownership and alternative commuting